- $87K – 95K + Super
- Permanent Full Time Role with access to monthly RDO
- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- Ref No : 18086
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees. The City of Moreland is changing as we align our organisation to meet the needs of a fast-growing city which is home to more than 180,000 residents who are culturally and linguistically diverse, speaking more than 140 different languages.
ABOUT THE ROLE
A great opportunity exists for a motivated building inspector professional to join the Building Services Team. You will contribute to the provision of a quality-built environment via Council’s statutory functions, building compliance and building inspection programs with emphasis on community safety and amenity.
- Perform functions required of Council’s Building Services Unit in accordance with Council policies and procedures.
- Assist with the reactive building compliance and proactive essential safety measure audit investigations of buildings to achieve building compliance and safety in accordance with Part 8 of the Building Act
- Carry out enforcement under the building legislation where required and issue building notices, building orders and building infringement notices in accordance with the building legislation and Unit procedures
- As a qualified Building Inspector, carry out inspections in association with Moreland Building Permits and Pool Register in accordance with the building legislation and Building Services Unit procedures.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- The successful candidate must have excellent communication and sound investigation skills
- Detailed knowledge and experience of building legislation who will perform building inspections and enforcement work in accordance with Council’s procedures and support the Team Leader in meeting targets.
- As a registered Building Inspector, you will be a member of a professional team, committed to providing a high level of service to our customers and citizens who live in Moreland.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Supportive and experienced management team
For further information please contact Marija Muhvic on 9240 1268
Applications close: 5pm, Thursday, 21 November 2019
To apply and obtain a position description, and view the Key Selection Criteria, please visit our website.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.