- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- Band 7 - $98K - $110K + Super
- 2 year maximum term position
- Full time but will consider part time hours
- Job Ref: 18001
The City of Moreland is changing as we align our organisation to meet the needs of a fast growing city which is home to more than 170,000 residents who are culturally and linguistically diverse, speaking more than 140 different languages.
ABOUT THE ROLE
A great opportunity has arisen for building surveying professional to join the Building Services team to assist in the implementation and delivery of Council’s combustible cladding inspection and compliance program. You will have a key role in ensuring buildings within the municipality are made safer and more compliant in relation to Moreland’s Combustible cladding compliance program and relevant Acts, Regulations and Codes.
As a registered Building Surveyor you will be a member of a professional team, committed to providing a high level of service to our customers and citizens who live in Moreland.
We are seeking enthusiastic candidates who will provide a high level of customer service with good communication skills to all stakeholders (internal and external) in relation to Moreland’s combustible cladding compliance program, with a focus on assisting owners in understanding and achieving safer and more compliant clad buildings in Moreland where Council is the responsible authority.
You will report to the Unit Manager Building Services in the delivery of a safer and more compliant-built environment in Moreland.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- A tertiary qualification or the equivalent in Building Surveying with registration or near registered as a Building Surveyor Unlimited as issued by the Victorian Building Authority.
- Proven knowledge and experience in building compliance / enforcement, building approvals and permits as a Building Surveyor.
- Ability to operate with limited supervision, to manage time, set priorities and planning and organising one’s own work to ensure Unit outcomes are met within defined individual and Unit key performance indicators in the most efficient way possible within the resources available.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and gain co-operation and assistance from team members, as well as builders, owners, ratepayers and clients to ensure compliance with the Building Act and Council requirements.
- High level written communication skills are required to prepare correspondence, Council and management reports and industry submissions, on behalf of Council.
- A current driver’s licence is required.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Monthly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
For further information please contact Paul Ransom on 9240 1208.
Applications close: 5pm, 9 September 2019
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.