- Band 6
- Permanent full time
- New position
This newly created position contributes to the planning and development of the City's extensive range of social and community facilities and services with a key focus on the population groups of early childhood, youth, families and senior citizens.
- Liaise with community groups, organisations and stakeholders in the planning, development and delivery of infrastructure projects.
- Investigate future service needs and advise on gaps and development priorities.
- Play a key role in developing a clear direction and focus for the City's role in delivering new services and facilities.
- Sound knowledge of planning and development in the target population groups.
- Ability to analyse and navigate solutions to significant community infrastructure needs and priorities.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Previous success in leading service improvement initiatives.
- High level engagement skills and the ability to understand, include and manage the needs and expectations of stakeholders.
About the City
As Victoria's largest regional municipality, the City of Greater Geelong provides the benefits of city living in a beautiful seaside location. We enjoy an open and inclusive culture with great employment conditions, including flexible work arrangements, paid parental leave, and training and development opportunities. The City is an equal opportunity employer and values the contributions a diverse workforce can bring to the community.
Applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria.
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 15 September 2017.
Click the APPLY NOW button below to submit your application or find out more about this opportunity.