We have an opportunity for a Support Officer to join the Social Enterprise and Local Jobs business unit on a permanent part time basis.
The Social Enterprise & Local Jobs business unit bring innovative approaches to local employment opportunities in Banyule through the development of social enterprises and labour market programs.
As the Support Officer you will:
- Support the delivery of department administration functions, social enterprise projects and labour market programs.
You will have:
- Demonstrated commitment to community development and/or experience working with diverse communities.
- Demonstrated administration experience supporting projects and teams with multiple portfolios of work.
- Demonstrated experience providing exceptional customer services both internal and external.
- Demonstrated skills in managing time and planning.
This is an identified role. Aligned with the Equal Opportunity Act 2010, identified positions help people who experience disadvantage to access equal opportunity in employment. You can apply for this role if you:
Are a Banyule City Council resident, and;
- Are facing barriers to suitable and meaningful employment, and;
- Identify as a member of one or more of the following community groups:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Culturally and linguistically diverse people
- People living with disability
- Young people (age 16-25)
- Older people (age 55+)
Banyule City Council a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce and this role is one part of our commitment to stimulating inclusive local employment opportunities where individuals are valued for their differences, experiences, knowledge and background, and the contributions they can make.
If you have a reasonable adjustment, support or access requirement, we encourage you to let us know through your application or email email@example.com or call 9940 4235.
- Permanent part time 30 hours per week
- Salary range $64,808.64 to $68,813.45 pro rata plus super
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities, including health and wellbeing initiatives
- Supportive and friendly team
Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, contact Jane Nixon, Strategic Development Officer on 9457 9986 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
In line with the directions issued by Victoria’s Chief Health Officer, this position requires you to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are successful in the recruitment and selection process, you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Tuesday 1 February 2022.