- Permanent Full Time Position
- Salary between $76,597 to $82,744 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
This is a new role within the unit. The Building Services Team is responsible for administration of the Building Act and regulations in the municipality. This comprises all statutory functions, including issuing building notices, orders and infringements, reports and consents as delegated by Council and ensuring protection of public and Council’s assets adjoining building sites. As part of its statutory function Building Services is responsible for undertaking all essential service measures across the municipality. The Building Unit provides guidance to builders, owners and occupiers to develop safe building practices.
Key Selection Criteria
- Experience acting as a Building Surveyor within local government or related fields with proven ability to carry out the statutory and legislative functions.
- Possess a certificate, post-graduate, diploma or degree in Building Surveying or other recognised and related course.
- Registration as a Building Surveyor or qualifications that will be approved for registration with the Building Practitioners Board by Mutual Recognition Application.
- Experience in various computer software packages including Microsoft Windows, Access and a willingness to learn new computer programs.
- Proven performance in developing, implementing and maintaining co-operative working relationships between the building and construction industry private sector, Government agencies and community groups.
- Ability to investigate and prepare reports on complex building complaints and issues as a part of development assessments
- Excellent written, verbal skills and interpersonal skills.
- A current valid driver’s licence.
The closing date for this position is: midnight Sunday 18 March 2018
For further information on the above position, contact Amy Boyd, Executive Manager Regulatory Services, on (03)5320 5570
The City of Ballarat is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.