About the role
WorkSafe's Health & Safety Business Unit (HSBU) plays an integral role in upholding WorkSafe's vision of Victorian workers returning home safely every day. Supporting Victorian businesses and workers, the Health & Safety team are connected to the community they service. We are looking to fill vacancies at our Essendon Fields, Mulgrave and CBD offices.
As a WorkSafe Construction Inspector, you will have a vital role in ensuring that workplaces meet their Health and Safety obligations. You are:
- Committed to helping Victorian workers and employers and a natural communicator;
- An enthusiastic learner, able to disseminate information effectively;
- Able to apply your training to work autonomously in the field and are a confident decision maker.
On successful completion of a comprehensive training program, you will be appointed as an inspector under the Health and Safety legislation administered by WorkSafe, the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Equipment (Public Safety) EPS Acts. You will:
- Inspect workplaces to ensure compliance with OH&S legislation;
- Provide advice to Duty Holders and enforce OH&S legislation;
- Drive safety and the prevention of disease and injury in Victorian workplaces.
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role.
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us.
We're looking for people who share this passion and have practical knowledge and experience in Occupational Health and Safety. With excellent communication and organisational skills, you have a passion for Workplace safety. You are a team oriented person who enjoys making an impact on your team and stakeholders.
You will be qualified in the following areas;
- Proven experience in the Construction sector;
- Hold a current Victorian driver's licence;
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Highly developed influencing, negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
- Able to assess and investigate situations quickly and efficiently;
- Tertiary qualifications in OH&S/Workers Compensation (highly desirable).
Only people with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position. You will be required to undergo a National Police Check, Psychometric Testing and Medical Assessment as part of the recruitment process.
For more information on becoming an inspector, the application process and key dates to note (we may not be able to accommodate individual requests for changes to the process), please visit the careers section of our website: https://wemake.worksafe.vic.gov.au/introduction
Information sessions (optional) are also being conducted on the below dates. If you wish to attend please RSVP by registering for your preferred session on https://www.eventbrite.com.au/
Mulgrave - 10th of February
Bendigo - 11th of February
Essendon Fields - 12th of February
Traralgon - 13th of February
If you require further information regarding your application or the recruitment process, please contact
DFP Recruitment on 1300 384 442 or Worksafe@dfp.com.au
Applications close 11:00pm Monday 24th of February. Click the link to apply, and make a difference to Victorian lives. Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so please submit your application as soon as possible.
We will ensure over the next decade and beyond, WorkSafe continues to lead the way in creating healthier and safer workplaces for all Victorians.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.