Powerlink, and its predecessor companies have been helping to keep the lights on in Queensland for more than 50 years – powering the State’s economy and enriching lifestyles. With approximately 850 employees Powerlink is committed to providing a safe, reliable and affordable network that offers our customers value for money.
This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role within our HSE team. This role would suit a recent Graduate or professional early in their HSE career.
The HSE Advisor reports into the HSE Business Partner and is responsible for providing specialist advice, coaching, mentoring and monitoring on HSE matters to all areas of the business.
- Engage with internal stakeholders and external contractors to provide timely information and advice on positive HSE management practices
- Coordinate, conduct and support timely HSE incident investigations
- Monitor and review responses to incidents and undertake further investigations or follow-up actions where necessary to achieve positive and enduring outcomes
- Partner with a range of stakeholders to assist in the identification and assessment of HSE risks and recommend the establishment of effective control measures
- Implement HSE audit and inspection functions to provide technically robust and cost-effective recommendations and solutions
- Communicate HSE procedures and processes to workers and contractors and contribute to the ongoing development and maintenance of the Powerlink HSEMS
- Influence, mentor and train key stakeholders on elements of HSE management relevant to their area of work
- Provide a range of HSE support functions to large scale construction projects and maintenance activities.
- Recognised tertiary qualifications in Health, Safety and/or Environment or similar discipline
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Relevant work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication
- An understanding of how incident investigations and audits are conducted
- ICAM Lead Investigator qualifications (desirable)
- Lead Auditor qualifications (desirable)
- Training and development for growth in your HSE career
- Free on-site parking
- Excellent remuneration packages and flexible work arrangements
To apply for this position please click on the 'Apply' button and upload your application, consisting of a current resume and covering letter. Applications close at 10:00am Friday 22 November.
Powerlink Queensland is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We also support flexible working arrangements, and encourage you to discuss this during the application process.