Aurecon brings ideas to life to design a better future. Imagining what is possible, we turn problems into solutions for our clients across regions and markets. We provide advisory, design, delivery and asset management services on projects across a range of markets, in locations worldwide.
Aurecon has a proud heritage of design excellence and delivery of complex projects. We have built our brand from that foundation and the trust our clients place in us. We describe what we stand for as “Bringing Ideas to Life” which reflects our belief that what we do best is to help clients bring their ideas to reality. Our “Just Imagine” initiative reflects our aspiration to help our clients become future ready and our design thinking strategy is an important part of this initiative.
With a positive forward workload, we have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join our Electrical, Control & Instrumentation team as part of our Resources and Manufacturing Unit in Gladstone.
We are a dynamic and agile team that is focussed on working closely with our clients. We take on challenging problems with our clients, and work with them to find innovative and sustainable solutions that bring value to their business.
We believe in investing in our people, to assist you to reach your potential, as this ultimately brings best value to our clients and to Aurecon. We have high expectations of ourselves, support each other and seek candidates who want to be part of a team that continually seeks to improve and be challenged.
Reporting to the Electrical, Control & Instrumentation Discipline Leader, primarily, your role will be to:
- Deliver projects for clients who own and operate large assets in the Resources and Manufacturing market sectors
- Build new relationships with clients through successful project delivery
- Grow and develop work pipeline through understanding and applying our where to play/how to win strategies
- Enhance current capability within South-East Queensland E, I&C team (Gladstone based) through industry experience
Your key responsibilities we be to:
- Engage with clients and develop trusted relationships. For this role it is expected that primary relationships would be at a clients’ Project Delivery Team level, however ability to develop more senior strategic relationships will be highly regarded.
- Contribute to opportunities through the entire life cycle (lead, proposal, commission, close out and final invoicing) in accordance with the Aurecon methodology
- Achieve commercial targets as a project leader for small to medium electrical projects.
- Assist with mentoring and coaching junior staff to grow capability within the South-East Queensland delivery team.
To be eligible for this position you will:
- Be qualified in a relevant technical field (Bachelor of Engineering - Electrical)
- Be a Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) or equivalent
- Have a solid understanding of technical (E, I&C) principals relating to the large industrial & complex operational assets that our clients own and operate. Sound knowledge of the daily operational issues that our clients face will be highly regarded and strong technical engineering skills is essential.
- Have significant experience in brownfield and greenfield plant upgrades
- Be highly aligned with the Aurecon Attributes – co-creative, commercial, engaging, fearless, inquisitive, resourceful, sense maker, and unconventional thinker
- Understand the engineering/consulting business
- Be a team player and be able to collaborate with local and remote teams to provide successful project outcomes (must also be able to work independently to instruction as projects necessitate).
- Have the ability to produce high quality and cost effective results to tight deadlines/budgets in a demanding commercial environment.
- Have outstanding relationship and interpersonal skills, be able to build networks and role model collaboration skills
- Ability to gain Registration as an RPEQ (if not already attained)
- A demonstrated ability to foster and evolve client relationships through successful project delivery
- An ability to bring innovation to complex problems
- Understanding of the operational issues faced by businesses currently operating in the Energy, Resources and Manufacturing market sectors
- Experience with Operational Excellence, Asset Management, Condition monitoring, Plant Automation, LV design experience
- Instrumentation and control specification design skills
- Exposure to study phases (Identification, Selection, Definition) and the ability to develop scope and estimates.
We are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding position in a forward thinking organisation, and you feel you have the relevant skills required, please apply now with your detailed resume as well as current and expected salaries.