Our Operational Logistics department welcomes applications from suitably experienced applicants for the role of Supply Officer. This is a full time, permanent position and is located at our Blackburn North HQ.
The role of the Supply Officer is to provide a range of functions across the Supply Services team. These include administration and management of assigned Supply Services AV contracts, service and support of AV Branches via phone and e-mail, procurement activities, inventory management, support for general and medical consumables, interaction with inventory suppliers and policy and procedure maintenance.
About the role
Reporting to the Supply Services Manager, the responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Liaise with all AV staff as required and work to resolve queries and issues including the provision of data and reporting as required, swiftly and efficiently at all times maintaining a customer service focus
- Ensure all despatch and receipt of goods complies with the Drugs and Poisons Act, and AV's Drugs & Poisons permit, AV's Poisons Control Plan and other procedures as appropriate
- Develop and distribute appropriate communications in relation to all supply related activities (e.g. supply notices, e-mail for mass distribution and bulletins)
- Monitor contractor costs against budget and prepare appropriate documentation for finance accruals and payment approvals
To be successful in this position you will have a strong customer focus, work exceptionally well in team environment, experience managing suppliers and administrative support, and following procedures. Your exceptional communication, organisational and multi-tasking skills along with highly developed Microsoft Office Suite will ensure success in this role.
You are a self-starter, with systems skills who doesn't mind a busy and constantly moving environment and can deal with complexity. You will have an efficient approach to your work and appreciate the importance of providing high standards in your delivery.
What's in it for you?
As a valued member of AV you will enjoy a professional working environment that recognises the importance of work/life balance. We offer salary packaging options, generous personal leave entitlements, accrued days off (ADO's) for full time roles, and other benefits including free on-site parking available.
We believe our people are our greatest resource and the sustainability of our workforce depends on how well we utilise our people's skills and abilities. If you're ready to play an integral role and deliver results that help make a real difference, we want to hear from you!
How to apply?
Your application will form an integral part of the selection process and should be of a high quality including. To be considered for this opportunity please ensure the below documents are included in your application;
- A covering letter
- A resume
- A document addressing the first 5 dot points of the key selection criteria detailed on page 2 of the position description.
Please ensure you application is submitted by: 5pm Thursday, 10 January 2019 by clicking on ‘apply now'.
For any queries contact the Recruitment & Selection team on 03 9840-3653 or at email@example.com.
- Ambulance Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- By applying for this position within Ambulance Victoria (AV), you agree to undertake an assessment of any Secondary Employment or outside interests. This is required to ensure there is no perceived or actual conflict of interest for AV should you be successful and commence in the new role.
- Successful applicant will be required to complete a Background Check
- Applications submitted via the AV Career's Centre will only be considered.
"Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position"