Crew Leader - Civil Maintenance - [Archived Advertisement]
City of Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Crew Leader - Civil Maintenance
Division: CITY OPERATIONS
Unit: CITY INFRA & TRAFFIC OPS
Section: INFRASTRUCTURE MAINTENAN
Salary: AUD 57,452.00 per annum plus Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for the full-time position)
Employment status: Permanent - 2 positions
Employment arrangement: Full time
Option to work under a 19 day month arrangement
At the City of Sydney our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030 – developing a green, global and connected city.
We are looking for energetic, customer-focused individuals with a good understanding of civil infrastructure maintenance to join our dynamic team.
The positions involves fieldwork and will include leading a small crew in a range of labouring and plant operating activities related to infrastructure maintenance.
To be successful in the role you will need:
- A Certificate level qualification in a related field or extensive practical experience in construction, restoration and maintenance of civil infrastructure assets.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and leading a civil maintenance team in a high traffic high pedestrian location.
- A current C Class licence and be willing to obtain an MR licence in the first six months of employment.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a safe working environment, including experience in onsite risk assessment and control of identified hazards, SWMS compliance and site traffic control.
You must also have proven time management skills, ability to prioritise, deal with conflicting issues and meet deadlines. The ability to deliver high quality customer service and to promote a professional image to customers is essential.
Do you want to be part of something challenging and rewarding? Are you passionate about serving our community? The City of Sydney might be the right career move for you.
To apply: Click on 'Apply' button below to complete your online application.
Please upload your current resume and address the essential criteria (selection criteria) as stated within the position description that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
This role will require a pre-employment medical check.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City’s website by 11.59pm Sunday, 6th May 2018.
For further information contact: John Przybylo, Supervisor Civil Maintenance South on 02 8345 1413.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Closing Date:
- 06 May 2018
- NSW - Sydney
- AUD 57,452.00 per annum plus Superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time