Queensland Rail is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. The organisation aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
At Queensland Rail we believe safety comes first. Always.
About the role
We are seeking a Senior Signal Engineer to join our Signalling Engineering team at Queensland Rail, focusing on Design. As the Senior Signal Engineer, you will be accountable for providing professional leadership and high-level expertise in the area of design of safety critical signalling systems and equipment. You can anticipate some of your daily duties to include:
- Organise and plan the technical aspects of highly complex signalling projects for the business
- Develop and co-ordinate strategies for new technology and techniques applicable to signalling systems and equipment
- Design checking and auditing of complex signalling arrangements, control tables, circuit designs, data designs, and other information associated with signalling systems
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) or equivalent that is recognised by Engineers Australia
- RPEQ (Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland) registration (or must be able to obtain within 6 months)
- Strong experience in the technical development of highly complex signalling projects
- Proven experience in signalling engineering, preferably focussed on design
- High level of communication, negotiation and stakeholder management skills
Benefits on offer
- Flexible working options.
- Competitive Salary Packaging.
- Generous superannuation scheme.
- Queensland Rail also offers free train travel to and from work on duty days and a healthy work/ life balance.
Note: subject to the suitability of applicants applying for this role, additional Senior Signal Engineer positions may become available.
The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake Psychometric Assessment, Pre-Employment Health Assessment, Video Screen and background checks that might also include Criminal History and Credit Checks.
As Queensland Rail is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, we encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, and members of other diverse groups to apply.
Apply to position number 75804 via our website by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5:00pm, Thursday the 20th of February 2020. For more information please call Courtney Webb on (07) 3072 2097.
Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.