- We are striving to become a world class railway while maintaining safe and reliable services across our network.
- The person we are looking for is a passionate and highly motivated leader and influencer focused on improving outcomes for our customers with accessible requirements.
Founded in 1865, with approximately 6,500 staff, more than $6 billion in fixed and other assets and more than 6,500 kilometres of track, Queensland Rail is dedicated to increasing rail patronage through improved reliability, frequency of services and making rail travel the transport mode of choice in Queensland. We are committed to building a customer-centric business by connecting with customers, improving frontline services and facilitating Queensland’s growth and development.
At Queensland Rail we believe safety comes first. Always.
This is a newly created permanent full-time position within our organisation and has been created for a strong leader who can lead the delivery of an integrated Accessibility Operations team to provide the support services internally to Queensland Rail and externally engage with the accessibility community. Knowledge of the disability sector is preferable, as critical to the success of the role will be the ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders, and further develop & drive key interfaces between our organisation, the Department of Transport, Australasian Rail Association, other rail operators and advocacy groups across the state to ensure delivery of the best possible outcomes.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Accessibility, you will provide specialist cross-functional support across Queensland Rail's leadership teams, in order to support the organisation in working towards delivering smooth and seamless journeys on the rail network for customers who identify as living with a disability.
As a recognised leader, you will demonstrate effective and successful contemporary leadership at a functional level and promote a vibrant, performance-focused culture, initiating and implementing change and transformation in line with Queensland Rail’s values. Your leadership will flow through and be evident in the strong, influential and professional relationships you and your team hold with key stakeholders.
In this role you will be a key member of the broader Customer Service and Innovation leadership teams and will provide strategic leadership and direction on accessibility matters, advocating for innovative and transformative initiatives, supporting the delivery of accessible services that are sustainable for all customers.
We are looking for candidates who have extensive proven experience in a similar role in a large complex, transport related organisation. Your ability to create and deliver clear roadmaps, influence change and drive performance will ensure your success in this role.
Key Selection Criteria:
- High level of skill in leading transformation and change in a large and complex organisation
- High level of leadership and management skills in a dynamic operational environment, with proven success in achieving business outcomes through effective people management.
- High level of skill in engaging and leading senior key stakeholders in the identification, understanding and development of activities relating to a specialist subject matter
- Knowledge of the needs and requirements of the disability sector with strong working relationships and sound knowledge of the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 (DDA), the Queensland Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (ADA), Disability Standards for Accessible Public Transport (2002) and Disability (Access to Premises-Buildings) Standard (2010) as they relate to transportation networks.
- High level of leadership, communication and coaching skills that facilitate the development of individuals and teams, particularly in relation to customer advocacy, customer service and management frameworks, standards, benchmarks and processes to ensure the delivery of service quality. High level of interpersonal and influencing skills, including consultation, presentation, negotiation and communication skills.
- High level of conceptual, analytical and innovation problem solving skills to respond to the dynamic changing business needs.
- Knowledge of and willingness to commit to and work within Queensland Rail’s Values and Behaviours.
Position Description 76266.pdf
If you can demonstrate a high level of experience in the above criteria please apply to position number #76266 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume no longer than 4 pages and a 1 page covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5.00pm, Monday 28th January 2019.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.
In addition to a generous superannuation scheme, Queensland Rail also offers free train travel to and from work on duty days and a healthy work/ life balance.
The recruitment and selection process for this position may require shortlisted applicants to undertake online and on-site psychometric assessment and a Pre-Employment Health Assessment including Alcohol and Drug testing. To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity contact Anna Nolan on (07) 3072 2170.