With approximately 6,500 staff, approximately $7 billion in assets and more than 6,500 kilometres of track, Queensland Rail (QR) is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. The organisation aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
Working in a small team, we have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer based at our Mayne Depot (Bowen Hills) to provide senior level technical support, technical management of projects and rollingstock safety and operational advice for the introduction, compliance, operation and maintenance of electrical and electronic equipment fitted to rollingstock. Hours of work are Monday to Friday.
- Provide expert technical assurance advice and support for the management and operation of the Queensland Rail rollingstock fleet.
- Develop scopes of work, specifications, instructions and other documents to the required standards for the acquisition or modification of the Queensland Rail rollingstock or associated equipment.
- Provide technical management of rollingstock projects.
- Audit rollingstock, carry out investigations and make recommendations on the compliance of rollingstock against Queensland Rail specifications, standards and relevant legislation.
- Determine and set standards and requirements for the design, maintenance and overhaul of electrical equipment on the Queensland Rail rollingstock fleet.
- Be familiar with and understand the principles and practices of Queensland Rail standards, relevant legislation and acts, and Queensland Rail business requirements to ensure technical compliance and assurance of rollingstock projects.
- Investigate new technologies to enhance the safety and reliability of the Queensland Rail rollingstock fleet.
- Bachelor Degree – Electrical Engineering.
- RPEQ or willingness to obtain within 6 months of commencement.
- High level of skill in technical assurance, acceptance and safety compliance in a passenger rollingstock environment.
- High level of skill in carrying out rollingstock fault-finding investigations and providing technical support and advice to relevant stakeholders.
- High level of skill in developing and continuously improving electrical systems, strategies, setting standards, scopes of work and modifications to improve rollingstock performance, reliability, safety and cost.
- High level of skill in formulating procedures and introducing new technologies for the purchase of new equipment and maintenance of existing equipment.
- High level of skill in leading, mentoring and training personnel in technical assurance, safety and compliance of rollingstock.
- High level of communication, consultation, negotiation and engagement skills with a range of internal and external stakeholders and suppliers.
- Knowledge of and willingness to commit to and work within Queensland Rail's Values and Behaviours.
Salary range: $103,995 - $111,287 + super
Apply to position number 68019 by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5.00pm, Thursday 4th October 2018.
Please address your cover letter to Rachel Groves, Senior Recruitment Adviser. To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity phone 07 3072 1925 or email email@example.com. Please do not email your application; we can only accept applications received via our website.
Please note that candidates who are invited to interview will be required to bring their original Degree Certificate or a copy of it which has been certified by a JP.
The recruitment and selection process for this position will require the successful candidate to satisfactorily undertake a medical assessment and an alcohol and other drug screen.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.