Queensland Rail is a large, fully integrated rail infrastructure and passenger service business. Our culture is one based around safety, people and performance.
Queensland Rail is currently seeking a Team Leader to support, coach and manage a team of HR professionals to ensure the provision of an efficient, consistent, customer focussed, operational and tactical HR service to Queensland Rail.
The Team Leader opportunity has a dual focus; the successful applicant must have significant skill in the provision of specialist advice and support on complex HR matters in accordance with relevant policies, procedures and legislation, plus the ability to develop their team’s skills and abilities in this area thus providing a platform for growth and career development. Additionally the position plays a key role in the development and strengthening of various stakeholder relationships across the wider HR Function and Queensland Rail business.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide supervision, direction and coaching to a team of HR Advisors.
- Manage team and individual workloads, effectively monitoring levels to ensure key performance indicators outlined by Service Level Agreements are met and/or exceeded.
- Provide insight and continual improvement ideas to enhance the overall delivery of HR services to the organisation.
- Provide expert advice, support, education and coaching to leaders on Human Resource Management (HRM), promoting best practice and ensuring compliance with relevant HR Policies, Enterprise Agreements and Legislation.
- Lead, coordinate and supervise projects and programs of work as directed by the Manager.
- Identify underlying issues and determine whether escalation of complex enquiries is required, reducing the need for escalations to specialist areas.
- Maintain a strong customer focus with key stakeholders, influencing and engaging with the business to implement effective HR practices with their people.
- Maintain a professional level of knowledge of emerging trends and developments relating to HRM, Industrial Relations and workplace issues, providing consistent advice and recommendations to leaders.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Demonstrated leadership capability and effective coaching, mentoring and influencing skills.
- Substantial level of skill in the provision of specialist advice and support on complex HR matters, such as Employment Law, Industrial Relations, Enterprise Agreements and associated Legislation.
- Substantial knowledge of contemporary HRM issues and their practical application within a large, geographically dispersed, complex and diverse organisation.
- High level of verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with an ability to influence, consult and drive outcomes across multiple stakeholders.
- High level of negotiation, analytical and problem solving skills.
Contract type: Permanent, full time
Annual salary: $116,425 plus super.
In addition to a generous superannuation scheme, Queensland Rail also offers free train travel to and from work on duty days and a healthy work/ life balance.
Apply to position number 67603 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5pm, Sunday 23rd September 2018.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity call Richard Mailley on 07 3072 0784.
The recruitment and selection process for this position will require the successful candidate to satisfactorily undertake an alcohol and other drug screen.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.