We are a large and fully integrated infrastructure business chartered with a responsibility that is pivotal to the success of Queensland and its people. Our culture is one based around safety and performance.
Queensland Rail is seeking a Signal Electrician to carry out the installation, maintenance and repair of all signalling equipment. This role forms part of the team that maintain the critical signalling infrastructure for the Network Regional West Systems which conducts preventative and corrective maintenance on RCS signalling infrastructure.
Based in Toowoomba, the responsibilities of the Signal Electrician include:
- Install, maintain and repair signalling equipment including telemetry equipment in accordance with predefined work programs
- Repair and adjust electrical / mechanical signalling equipment as required
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with Workplace Health and Safety (WH&S) requirements and legislative policies including work activities performed by subordinate employees
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with technical and operational specification and standards including work activities performed by subordinate employees
- Maintain all records and associated documentation relating to asset condition, maintenance programs and costing systems
- Report on actual work performed against the scheduled work program, and report any equipment performance and condition irregularities
- Progress the implementation and application of work procedures and practices in pursuit of ensuring continuous quality improvement
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must have the following:
- QLD Electrical Fitter and Mechanic Licence
- C Class Drivers Licence – QLD
- Current CPR / LVR Certificate
- Rail signalling experience (desirable)
- Experience in RCS environments
- Willing to work weekends and be on call
The successful applicant will undergo training immediately to become a qualified Signal Electrician. (Certificate IV Rail Signalling) if not already held. We are ideally looking for experienced electricians who want to continue their career in rail.
Base Salary starts at $65,138 + Superannuation + callout and standby allowances. On average the annual salary will be between over $80k + Super – this is dependent on the roster and call outs, this will vary*
The recruitment and selection process for this position will require the successful applicant to undertake a Pre-Employment Health Assessment (NHS Category 3) including alcohol and other drugs.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.
Apply to position number 28812 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5pm Friday 10th August 2018.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity callTali Butler on (07) 3072 1309 or email email@example.com