Health & Safety Officer - Constructions - [Archived Advertisement]
Tangentyere Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Health & Safety Officer - Constructions
Tangentyere Council Aboriginal Corporation (TCAC) is a community controlled Public Benevolent Institution delivering human services and social enterprise activities for the benefit of Aboriginal people from the Alice Springs Town Camps, Urban Alice Springs and Central Australia.
First incorporated in 1979, the organisation was finalist in the 2016 Reconciliation Australia, Indigenous Governance Awards and is one of the 10 largest Aboriginal Corporations in Australia.
The Council offers 6 Weeks Annual Leave and Attractive Remote Area Salary Packaging.
Tangentyere Constructions is an enterprise of Tangentyere Council which delivers urban and remote construction projects within Central Australia including an extensive Repairs and Maintenance programme on the Alice Springs Town Camps in Alice Springs.
The role of the Constructions WHS Officer is to provide leadership, policy direction and guidance to Constructions in the development and delivery of a workplace safety program to minimise risk of injury to Construction employees, contactors, volunteers, and members of the public.
The Constructions WHS Officer is responsible to maintain a high standard of Health, Safety and Risk management processes through the development of a Safety Management System and/or Methods that ensures the Constructions Work Health and Safety requirements meet or exceed the industry benchmarks.
- Implement Work, Health and Safety Management System and maintain compliance.
- Coordinate and audit WHS risks across all construction sites to safeguard Constructions and the Community against Health and Safety risk and hazards.
- Develop, implement, and undertake ongoing maintenance/auditing of the Workplace Health and Safety register.
- Develop, implement, and provide ongoing support of a Safety Management Systems including inspections, audits, investigation, reporting and remedial actions.
- Review contractor’s safety systems to evaluate compliance against Tangentyere Constructions policies and procedures and report finding to senior management.
- Deliver WHS component at Constructions Inductions including Project Site Inductions.
- Ensure a high standard of consultation and communication across the organisation regarding safety management.
- Coordinate and administer accident and incident investigation.
- Prepare WHS report to Council, the Executive Leadership Team and others as directed.
- Other Duties.
- Assist with achieving quality management objectives across the organisation.
Qualifications and Selection Criteria:
- Qualification – Cert IV Work Health and Safety.
- Demonstrated experience in applying policy and procedures that meet legislative requirements regarding Work, Health, Safety and Environment.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects and/or sites.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Sound computer software skills.
- Current NT Drivers Licence, Ochre Card, Current Satisfactory Police Check and proof of (full) vaccination against COVID-19 (please provide a copy with your application).
- Ability to attain a First Aid Certificate and CPR.
- Experience applying WHS Policies and Procedures within the Construction Industry.
How to Apply:
To apply for a position at Tangentyere Council Aboriginal Corporation please go to https://www.tangentyere.org.au/work-with-us to complete the application.
This position requires a satisfactory Police Check, Ochre Card, and proof of (full) vaccination against COVID19. Please provide a copy with your application.
Candidates must submit a Cover Letter, a document that addresses the Selection Criteria, and a Curriculum Vitae with nominated referees, to be considered for the position.
A suitable candidate may be appointed prior to closing date.
- NT - Alice Springs
- $91,730 per annum/pro rata
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Health, Safety & Environment